From 1979-1981, Merle was a mortgage lender for Tippett Land & Mortgage Co. as a representative for Connecticut General Life Insurance. He has participated, operated and later owned Booker Auction Co from 1975 to present. Also a long time farmer in the Columbia Basin, Merle is a member of numerous organizations and a key supporter of the Columbia Basin Jr Livestock program.
Following 30 years of auction successes, in 2006 Merle completed the Eltopia marketing facility just north of Pasco, WA, where the company is headquartered and his progeny have assumed the day to day auction coordination operations.
Throughout the year, Merle enjoys flying his airplane, taking helicopter lessons and researching possible real estate sales, cleanups and solutions for potential sellers.
Yakima County Real Estate Auction
TOTAL SALE PRICE $456,500
3 AUCTION TRACTS
Seller: Stephen & Maria Crabb under US Bankruptcy Court Order
BW Vintage Valley Inn, Zillah, WA - May 30, 2019 ~ 1pm
- Bidding Requires Pre-Qualification.
- Bidder Deposits: Selah - $5,000 each Tract; Zillah - $10,000.
- Bidder Deposit as Cashier's Check made payable to Fidelity Title Co.
- All offers are subject to Seller confirmation and acceptance of bid.
- A 10% buyer’s premium will be added to the high bid to determine the selling price. Bidder deposit is required to secure bidding participation, in addition to proof of adequate financial resources to close on the property.
- A minimum deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be required as earnest money at the close of the sale. The bidder deposit will be applied to that percentage.
- Buyers should be prepared to issue a personal check for the balance due in excess of the bidder deposit.
- Cash & possession at closing on or before June 27, 2019.
off of Speyers Road.
Tract 1 - 7+/- Apple Orchard Acres
Tract 2 - 7+/- Apple Orchard Acres
- 181427-22402 & 181422-33405
- Red & Golden Delicious Apples
- Naches/Selah Irrigation District Water Rights
off of Lombard Loop Road, NW of Zillah
- 201103-11002 & 201103-12001
- 6+/- Ac Bing Cherries w/ Van Pollinators
- 6+/- Ac Grannie Smith Apples – 15 yr stock
- 5+/- Ac Braeburn Apples
- 5+/- Ac Gala Apples
- 5+/- Ac Fuji Apples
- 3 Wells, 2 w/ Pumps – 75 & 50 HP at 900’ each